Burnt's blog thing

Monday, July 10, 2006

The pre-Pitt thing

Well, Maria got back to me over the having to come in on the 11th thing. Said she hadn't checked her email, but will talk to Sue on Monday. Some hope there, we'll see what happens. Still waiting for my refund to come in so I can even afford to pay for my hotel. Alas, unlike 95% of humanity in the States, I don't have a credit card, so I can't even max that out. Unfortunately, the workaround of staying in Slobovia and catching a ride in thing doesn't really work for me. I'm comin' in by train, and I'd have to figure out how to get out there. Little disheartened, actually- most of my cash has gone into the house, and now my refund won't come in 'til at least today. I hope anyway.

Well, my slant on the whole access principle thing was sorta forget the science journals, where's my Humanities stuff? Seems to get a bit of short shrift in the Willinsky book. I know there are more problems with opening access on these titles, but come on...

Fun fact 'o' the day (sorry folks, no link)- just got in the list of papers that got done in the last run of the PA Newspaper project. Originals arrived here safely, as did the film. No word on the digital yet. But here's the list, for your perusing pleasure:

Columbia County Republican
Elk Advocate
Elk County Advocate
Elk County Railroad and Mining Gazette
Indiana Progress
Springtown Weekly Times
Success Weekly
Bratstvo
Democratic Expositor
New Holland Clarion

All small town newspapers from mainly un or under-represented counties. Hit up your local library and ILL away. 'course ours have to be cataloged yet, so it may be a couple weeks, but I'm sure that others have gotten them.

See ya in Pitt, whenever I get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home