Burnt's blog thing

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Poor bloody catalogers...

So, I'm slowly working my way through the Scout Portal assignment, like everybody else. I know a little bit about Dublin Core, which it seems the thing's based on, so I've managed to mainly flounder in the right direction, though there are a few things that I haven't figured out yet (no, I haven't been able to use the screenshot feature either). But the more I do it, the more I pity the poor librarians who work in this stuff everyday. I mean, I used to just think they were a little... um... different, but now I really know why. I just keep thinking of HP Lovecraft and his non-Euclidian geometries. I just keep chanting "Ia! Cthulhu! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn! Ia!" over and over again as I work, and the Elder Ones of Cataloging seem to be appeased. There are just Things That Man Was Not Meant To Know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home