Burnt's blog thing

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Keep forgetting to mention

Our Head Cataloger finally got around to cataloging my thesis a couple weeks ago. Even more astonishing is that he exported the record to WorldCat, so I now show up there. Just check under my name and the title Bonsowaaru Dracula-san. What's really amusing about this is that the man despises me, and sat on the friggin' thing since May.

Not, to add to the cluster, since it was a Penn State thesis, they also cataloged it. Very briefly. And DIDN'T export to WorldCat. Since we have a man who hates my guts who actually did a decent record and did the right thing by sending it to the big bibliographic database. Next thing ya know there's gonna be some really cold guys with horns, and Microsoft's gonna be giving away free software.

Well, words for the day. Later.

7 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Just another Sample said...

I'm going to ILL it.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Just another Sample said...

Does it also mean you're in UMI?

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

Not that I know of. Penn State doesn't participate as far as I know. The book's still out at the bindery- back the end of next week.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Ditto on the ILL thing.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

I've got a PDF of it that's prettier and in color.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Just another Sample said...

Wouldn't it be fitting if you found it on Digital Dissertations? Proquest does rock in that regard.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

Penn State Harrisburg wouldn't even let me SUBMIT it electronically. If I was on Main Campus, I could have, but I had to print out 2 copies of a 200 page thesis in greyscale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home