Burnt's blog thing

Monday, September 25, 2006

Holy shit moment

So, last Monday, while I was off, the head of the Main Library has a heart attack at work, and they have to rush him off to the hospital. He has a triple bypass, but he's starting to improve. Yeah, he's a candidate for a heart transplant, but they said he was on the mend and it sounded like he was comin' out of ICU any day by the end of the week. Then, last night, I get a message that he's taking the long dirt nap. Holy shit- dude was like 50-something- still had to wait for retirement.

Man, you never fuckin' know.

4 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Dude that sucks! Did you know each other well?

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

About 10 years. I've done a load of newspaper projects, so we worked together quite a bit. He was part of the smoking club, too

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm really sorry. I wish I knew what to say.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

It's okay. Lost so many friends and colleagues over the years that they pretty much just come and go for me. Part of the Blank Generation I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home