Burnt's blog thing

Monday, September 18, 2006

Monster Mash

Sunday was my son's birtday. Since he was 9, and I had finally managed to convince his mother that he was old enough for the old Universal and Toho monster flicks (still a little young for Hammer, but I'm sure we'll get to 'em), we did an all night movie marathon. Grabbed a big bowl of popcorn (an some coffee for me), and watched the '53 Godzilla (were going to watch Gojira- the Japanese original, but it was subtitled) and Mysterious Island (got it for 10 bucks at Walmart). Had Terror Beneath the Sea, Godzilla vs. Destroyah, Unkown World and the first Gamera cued up, but he wanted to watch cartoons. Ah, well, plenty of time to hit the classics later.

Anywho, working on this damn paper for Tomer. Frankly, I find most of the theory to be a whole load of pre-processed bull food. Chris did say in the discusssion tonight that as long as I backed up my probelms with the theory, just hitting the practical was fine. Then they went off on "exemplary documents". So, in other words, I'm supposed to find a theorist who says that the theories are a load os s%&t? Looks like I got my work cut out. Oh, well, off to bed so I can get up and have at it tomorrow. At work, of course. Later.

4 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Just finished mine. It's a load of crap. I'm not even sure which paragraphs deal with the practical and which are theory. What do I know? I'm not a librarian!

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I envy you. I haven't seen the first Gamera flick in ages. I used to have a little Gamera action figure. Wonder whatever happened to that.

I think that IR paper softened my brain.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Megan said...

What do I know? I'm not a librarian!

I feel like I should embroider that on a pillow or something. Mine's pretty craptastic as well.

Aww Billfee that is so cute that you're watching horror films with the Littlefee! I bet Halloween is fun at your place...

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

Yeah, 'cept this year, 'stead of watching horror flicks with the kids (and then with a case of beer after they go to bed) I'll be in Big Bird Town.

Unfortunately I can't use that slogan. I AM a librarian. Doesn't help much, though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home