Burnt's blog thing

Monday, August 21, 2006

Free digital comics

Friend of mine sent me this. The comics run from the '40's to the '80's, and include some major classics, like Kirby's OMAC. You have to download a small program to read 'em, though. Enjoy. Comics Books Archive


Don't know about the rest of ya, but I'm still in major break mode, even though we start again in a week. Been trying to get as much reading and movie watching in as possible. Just saw Death Trance, by Yƻji Shimomura, who did Versus. If yer into Japanese supernatural movies with loads 'o' action and stupid humor (admittedly a small group of us), check it out. The evil giant, AKA Walmart, has it for 10 bucks.

Also read the first volume of the Dresden Files (yeah, I'm a bit behind). It's kind of a Cast a Deadly Spell/Witch Hunt type book, with a wizard who's a PI in a Noirish world where vampires, demons and fairies are living amonst us. Got some great humor, and, again, good action. Worth a checkout. I was sorry I got some Cyberpunk volume instead of the second one of these when I picked 'em up before the Pitt trip (had this crazy idea I could read for amusement at night- don't know where that came from).

Well, tapatcha on the boards in a week, and hopefully throw a few entries up here before then. Have a blast while it lasts.

4 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Stefanie said...

This is disgustingly late- but I hope your birthday was filled with (fun and hilariously) scary pigeons.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

Thanks. No problem- I'm generally late on birthdays as well. No pigeons, though- we don't get many of the things around here, and they're not as cornfed huge as yours.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I didn't realize it was your birthday. Mine's tomorrow, so happy birthday, and I'll drink to your health tomorrow night!

Thanks for pointing this out, too! I just started posting to my blog again and re-did my delicious tags, so please stop by. There might be something there you can use.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

Happy birthday yourself. Enjoy. Will check the tags.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home