Burnt's blog thing

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

To anybody who actually reads this damn blog

So I was working on the final 2600 assignment. Didn't like the way Netvibes was laying things out, so I scratchbuilt it in Composer. Go to http://www.pitt.edu/~wtf6/State_Library_Portal.html and take a look, if you would, before I take the bloody thing live and submit it. Feel free to give plenty of issues and complaints.

Few caveats:

Yeah, I know the background image is too opaque, but it's something we use on our pages and it wouldn't take a higher trnsparency.

The Yahoo and Google searches will not line up, no matter how large a WMD I use.

There are 2 placeholders. The first, the OPAC search box, is because our system times out after 15 minutes, so I can't directly link to the search. The second is the G-Mail account, 'cause I ain't opening one no matter how many points I lose. I hate the damn things.

Bitch and suggest away on the thing. I'll even try to change the named problems, if I can figure out how. Tanx and bombs.

On a more positive note, I finally got hold of a Cingular tech who knew what she was doing. 20 minutes and a couple of radio on/offs later I was surfing the web on my IPAQ. Gotta love new toys.

Anywho, tapatcha later. Gotta actually read the crap for tomorrow's discussion. Hope yer havin' more fun than I am (shouldn't be too hard).

7 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Just another Sample said...

I think it looks good Bill. Some of the text is hard to read in the background, but you knew that. Anyway, it's far better than I could have done at this point.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Cara said...

Bill, you have a lot of good stuff on there. One thing I might do is move some of the good information that's at the bottom up a little and put your blog feed at the bottom instead.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

Cara- good idea. Will play with it tomorrow- after discussions, of course.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Christ, why don't you just send Chris Tomer an apple as well?

Seriously, though, Bill, it's probably better than anything else that's going to be turned in. To expend any more effort would be overkill.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

Gee, Mark, he already owns an Apple.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Just another Sample said...

All the cool kids own Apples dude.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Burntdisk said...

Yeah, well, my kids have this thing about eating. Never managed to break them of the habit...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home